MaxFund relies on volunteers to fill many of the needs at the shelter, and the volunteer program is extremely flexible and rewarding! No matter what your interest in helping MaxFund, there are likely many things you can find to do!
Resources for Volunteers
In order to volunteer at the shelter for ANY of the volunteer positions listed below, you must first be accepted as a volunteer and go through a volunteer orientation. For more information on getting started as a volunteer, please visit the Potential Volunteer Information Page! Please note, though, that we are currently revamping the process for becoming a volunteer, so we are not accepting volunteer applications until September, 2016.
Once you have gone through a volunteer orientation, a variety of activities will be open to you. The list below will give you an idea of some of those activities. If you have any questions that aren't answered on these pages, please contact jessemaxfundorg.
- Walking Dogs
- Socializing/Petting Cats
- Bathing/Grooming animals
- Dog Training with our CHAMPS Program
- Providing Foster Homes for Animals with special needs
- Providing love and encouragement for all the animals at the shelter
- Cleaning cages, litter boxes and kennels
- Washing, drying and folding laundry
- Cleaning food and water bowls
- Organizing shelves, storage bins and cabinets
- Sweeping, mopping floors
Special Events, Mobile Adoptions & Fundraising
- MaxFund events such as Puttin on the Max, Lucky Mutt Strut, etc.
- Community Events, fairs and festivals
- Accompanying pets to Mobile Adoptions and Mobile Events
- Helping organize and communicate fundraising activities