Chili Cookoff: A Spicy Success!
MaxFund’s 22nd Annual Chili Cookoff was held on March 20, 2016, and a hot time was had by all!
With almost 30 chilis entered, the 150+ tasters present had an array of Denver’s best red, green, white, vegetarian, and celebrity chilis to choose from. Selecting winners was a tasty and challenging task, but ultimately, the following category winners were chosen:
• Red Chili: Puppies Breath, entered by Joel Spicola
• Green Chili: A tie! Blind Barb’s Bird and Bacon Chili, entered by Barbara Green, and Pam’s Smokin’ Green, entered by Pam Kroneberger.
• Vegetarian Chili: Fire Dog Veggie Green, entered by Greg Feldman
• White Chili: Chili Chili Bang Bang, entered by Tami Tanoue
• Celebrity Chili: Foot Clan Chili, entered by Jason Sutton
Foot Clan also took home the highest honor, the People’s Choice, with their amazing Foot Clan Chili.
We thank all of the great chili chefs who donated their time and culinary creations to make the event a great success. Thanks, too to all the tasters who diligently tasted and judged the chili entries. The animals of MaxFund were the real Cookoff winners, though! This year’s Cookoff raised well over $5,000 to benefit the dogs and cats residing at MaxFund.
Our host once again was Noel Hickey, proprietor of the Celtic Tavern. Noel graciously made the Celtic available for our event. Huge thanks to Noel and his great generosity! We could not hold this event without you. Thanks also to Odell Brewing Company for their generous sponsorship of the Cookoff!